The golf course at Prairie Bluff features an 18-hole championship designed course decorated with water, prairie grass and manicured bent grass fairways.
Prairie Bluff is 7,007 yards long, but seems much longer covering more than 230 acres with a practice putting green, short game area with bunker and a ten acre driving range.
Prairie Bluff Golf Club is the perfect location to host your next golf outing. Whether you have a group of 16 or 144, Prairie Bluff Golf Club’s expertly manicured golf course and beautiful clubhouse will not only meet your outing expectations but will exceed them. When you choose Prairie Bluff for your next golf outing, you will work with a staff that is dedicated to making your golf outing an enjoyable and memorable experience.
Ask us about our resident rates!
USGA Rules Govern All Play
Except where modified by local rules.
- No 5-somes permitted.
- Each player must have own bag and clubs.
- A four-some should complete an 18-hole round in a time of 4 hours and 20 minutes. Keep pace with the group ahead.
- Players are allowed 5 minutes to make the turn between nines, otherwise the group will forfeit its position and must wait for the golf shop’s approval to continue.
- Proper golf attire is required. No jeans, cut-offs, tee shirts, or work out attire. A collared shirt, Bermuda-type shorts or golf slacks are appropriate attire.
- Golfers must have a receipt from the golf shop to tee off.
- Only food and beverages purchased from Prairie Bluff Golf Club will be allowed on the course.
- Golfers are responsible for any damage to the golf course, carts, or to private property created by their actions.
Prairie Bluff Public Golf Club has a pro shop stocked with everything to suit your game from golf equipment to the latest in golf fashion for both women and men. Prairie Bluff carries name brands such as Titleist, Nike, Greg Norman, and Ping to name a few. Gift Certificates for golf and pro shop merchandise are available as well as professional golf instruction. Just stop by and ask any member of the staff for assistance.
Pro Shop Hours
During the golf season, the Prairie Bluff Pro Shop is open seven days a week until dusk.
Whether you are new to golf or have been golfing for a while and just looking for direction, the professional staff at Prairie Bluff is dedicated to helping you realize your golfing goals. We offer a variety of private and group lesson packages and are eager to work with golfers of all skill levels.
When you are ready to get started or improve your game, then call the professional staff at Prairie Bluff at (815) 836-4653.
Steve Lunde, PGA Director of Golf or
Scott Lunde, PGA Head Golf Professional
Juniors (17 and younger) will receive a 20% discount on lesson prices.
All Prairie Bluff Golf Club golfers are asked to comply with course rules and policies to help golfers have an enjoyable round. Prairie Bluff is open to the public and follows all USGA rules of play.
- USGA rules govern all play.
- All players must register at the pro shop before beginning play.
- Free drop is permitted from cart path, yard markers, ground under repair and newly planted trees.
- Play without delay and follow proper golf etiquette.
- No outside alcoholic beverages or coolers allowed.
Prairie Bluff Golf Club is the perfect location to host your next golf outing. Whether you ahve a group of 16 or 144, Prairie Bluff Golf Club’s expertly manicured golf course and beautiful clubhouse will not only meet your outing expectations but will exceed them. When you choose Prairie Bluff for your next golf outing, you will work with a staff that is dedicated to making your golf outing and enjoyable and memorable experience.
Please contact Steve Lunde at (815) 836-4653, or at email@example.com to check on availability and to schedule your next golf outing.
Behavior Code of Conduct
The Lockport Township Park District is committed to providing an atmosphere of hospitality, civility and respect. We dedicate ourselves to the safety and well being of both staff and participants/patrons. All participants/ patrons are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times.
The following guidelines have been developed to help make our programs safe and enjoyable for all. Additional rules may be developed for specific programs as deemed necessary by staff. You must be respectful to all participants/ patrons, staff, and volunteers. Participants should follow program rules and take direction from staff.
If a person is:
- Ignoring directions and/ or requests from staff
- Using vulgarity
- Making remarks of a personally destructive nature towards any other person (employee, volunteer or participant/ patron)
- Restricting or preventing someone of free movement
If any one’s actions are:
- Of physical, spoken or written act of abuse
- Of a violent nature
- Considered harassment
- Considered intimidation
- Considered extortion
Immediate disciplinary action may be taken regardless if the act is deliberate, intentional or unintentional.